The Logical Philosopher

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Vacation time in YYJ

This past February I took a week to have a vacation in my own town: Victoria

Although it was mixed around the rest of my life schedule, I had my camera with me so had time to take a few random pictures while I roamed. Here's a shot from the top of a downtown building overlooking the Johnson Street Bridge.

victoria_IMG_2648

The iconic blue bridge is soon to be replaced with something that will not be so blue, yet regardless of when it goes it will always live on as I hoist a pint of Spinnakers Blue Bridge Double Pale Ale.

victoria_IMG_3336

I took a random walk through Chinatown, British Columbia's oldest Chinatown and second only to San Fransisco in North America.

victoria_IMG_3337

There are a few old alley ways with secondary entrances to shops which provide a circuitous route for the shopper, with many of them catering to cheap reproduction antiques.

victoria_IMG_3341

And of course no vacation in your own town is complete without an obligatory picture of our dog playing in the snow:

IMG_2993-Edit


...and a frozen pond as I drove to work one day:

IMG_3464.JPG


I also had a chance to go downtown in the evening, and took a few shots of the Parliament Buildings at night:

victoria_IMG_3468


That is all, kayak building and world traveling will resume shortly....

0 comments: