The Logical Philosopher

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Go Hold Yourself

"Can I put you on hold again?"

"What if I say no?" I asked.

"..err..."

"Because I've been put on hold, what, six times now? It's 46 minutes into this call and you yet to tell me you can email, fax or send by pigeon carrier a copy of the repair estimate that the previous support person told me you would do."

"You haven't been put on hold six times sir."

"Yes," I sighed, "You are right. It's been more like eight or ten once you count the other person that transferred me to you!"

After spending 58 minutes on the phone to the support line, I still am no closer to getting the piece of warranty paper I need to fix my iPod. Well, that's not totally true. I now have a ticket number for next time I call. Lucky me.

I found it ironic that in that wasted hour I could have worked and billed enough time to get a new one. Sometimes sticking to your principles costs more than just paying something you shouldn't have to pay for in the first place.

0 comments: