The Logical Philosopher

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Kids have made me lazy

"You should call."

"No, you should call, you're closer."

"But you're the better talker."

"You're just saying that because I'm closer to the phone, and you don't want to get up."

It was after 9pm, and the kids were finally in bed, asleep. Exhausted after a day of playing them out the snow, we both sat on the couch with our feet up and our bodies soaking in the heat of the wood stove.

I don't think we realize how much the kids tire us out until they are asleep for the evening and we can do things for ourselves.

Likewise I don't think we realize how much we get the kids to play fetch for us until they are asleep for the evening and we have to get things ourselves.


"I wish the kids were up."

"What! It took an hour to get them down!"

"Yeah, but if at least one was up, we could be lazy and get them to fetch the phone for us. Instead I'm just going to pretend whoever we had to call wasn't an important call, thus convincing myself that I don't really have to get up and get the phone."

Yet again the Pandora's Box of parenthood rears its ugly head...

0 comments: