The Logical Philosopher

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Got Religion? Part 3 of 4

So after a long car ride - and a short ferry ride, I finally arrived. And here's how my weekend started: I was promptly assigned a cabin - where my bunk mates average age was 25 years older than me.

"Where's the bathroom?" one of the younger, older men asked. I say younger-older, because he had just retired, as compared to several of the others who had been retired for many many years.

"Down the hill, by the forest edge." another said, as he lined up his pills for the weekend.

"But that's too far to walk at night!" he whined. "I have bad knees!"

"Then go round to the back of the cabin and use the bushes," another suggested. "Just lift your leg and you'll be fine."

"The bushes? I'm almost 60! I can't do that!"

All I can say is, thank goodness I packed my runners.

0 comments: