The Logical Philosopher

Friday, March 03, 2006

Thanks Bob

Today I stopped at a local 7-11 for a chilled beverage. The cashier was quite patient with me as I counted out my change to pay for it. His nametag said “Bob, Senior Sales Associate.” That made me perk up because Bob was a little on the older side…well, a lot on the older side. How old you ask? I think I saw him greeting at Wal-Mart last week. That old.

Anyhow, I sat there wondering of Bob was a “Senior” Sales associate, as in Senior Citizen? Or “Senior” as higher rank than a “Junior” Associate.

As I finished counting I thought he must be the latter but really wasn’t 100% sure. However, all thoughts were quickly halted when he pointed to the line that had haphazardly accumulated behind me and said “Move to the left! Move to the left! Please form a line to the left! There’s too many of you to keep track of who’s next.”

There were only two people behind me.

Make that "Bob, Senior Elderly Sales Associate."
Thanks Bob, and have a nice day.

0 comments: